So today is our Quarterly Training at Bicester....and I have agreed to do an Inspiration table.....there are usually three or four of these tables run by a Stampin' Up Demonstrator to showcase items you have made to inspire the other Demonstrators. I have decided to do something different - I will split my table into three. One third to showcase a few cards I've made, one third to demonstrate the Lillies and the last third will be my prop with enough lillies there for each demonstrator to take one home,
Want to know how I've made them? By the way....a very rewarding project!!!
Firstly I used the large oval punch and punched six ovals from wisper white card.
Take each of the six ovals and fold in half. Then using a dauber and Daffodil Delight stamp pad 'daub' all allong the fold.
Open the oval and daub the inside bottom half of each of the six ovals.
Using the Tombo glue each of the ovals to another creating a fan, ensuring that when all six are glued together you have a complete (or as near as you can get) half moon. Leave this to dry completely.
The next step involves using the glue to connect to two sides together forming the Lily - for this I used a glue gun (purely for speed) as I wanted it to dry pretty quick (being a bit impatient and all that).
Cut six rectangular pieces of old olive card exceeding the lenght of the flower (as shown) and cut each piece into strands (forming the stamen) up to about 7/8ths of the length of each piece of card. I think at this stage it is better to look at the photo to see exactly what I mean. (giggling softly)
Take the card you are creating the stamen and roll that up, securing it with a bit of tombo to hold it in place.
I then used the Boho Blossoms punch and punched one of the largest of the blossoms to create the base of each Lily.
Using the Handheld 2mm Cicly Punch I punched a hole in the centre of each blossom for the wooden skewer to poke into. I used a skewer for each of the flowers I made as the sharp end makes it easy to poke through the hole in the blossom and adding the stamen.
Again here I used the Glue Gun for speed and added glue to the base blossom and stuck the flower to it and at the same time (while the glue is still warm) attached the stampen to the sharp end of the skewer, holding it for a few seconds while the glue cools down and secures everything in place.
Once the glue has gone solid and cooled down, I used the Stampin' Up bone folder and 'curled the ends of each of the lily's petals.
I felt it need a bit of glitz and glam so decided to use some glitter. I drew a line using the Tow Way Glue pen on the yellow centre line and then sprinkled it with Stampin' Up's Dazzling Diamonds Glitter........
The end result........WOW!!!! If I may say so myself......I loved making these and hope each and every Demonstrator taking one home today will love them too!!
Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to register and leave a comment....I would love to hear your thoughts.